As many of you know, each year I disconnect from social medial for the final two weeks of December to spend time with my family. Well, I’m back now — and I realized that a lot of things can happen in two weeks. Here are 16 of them.
1) Not too many of you know this, but I haven’t had a sip of alcohol since September 2016. No beer, no wine, no champagne, no nothing. I won’t bore you with the details of why I decided to do this, but I’m much happier because of it. Yes, I know that has nothing to do with the past two weeks, but I wanted to squeeze that in somewhere.
2) I hosted Christmas for 26 people including 9 tiny humans. Did I mention that I don’t drink anymore?
3) I have a thing about sitting on Santa’s lap. Santa and my kid were not pleased.
4) I watched “Coco” and absolutely loved it. Probably one of the best animated movies I’ve ever seen.
6) My kids dared me to conduct a National TV interview with my new facial hair. Dad rule #1324: never back down from a dare from your children.
7) My kids requested Hatchimals for Christmas and I’ve never seen a more asinine and annoying toy in my entire life. I just keep repeating to myself, “It’s about the kids…it’s about the kids…”
8) Speaking of asinine and annoying, I watched Disney’s “Descendants” for the first time. That’s all I’m going to say about that.
9) I stand corrected from a recent Facebook post. “Home Alone” is the best Christmas movie of all-time, not “The Grinch.” I had to watch it again to remember how damn funny it is.
10) I got this device as a Christmas gift. Basically, you hook it up to your TV and it contains 815 old-school video games that I grew up on (Pac-Man, Street Fighter II, Burger Time, Donkey Kong, Double Dragon, etc). Please tell my family that I love them, because I won’t be seeing much of them in the near future.
11) I discovered Ultra Dash. I’m telling you — if you have active kids and you want to keep them busy for hours, drop $10 and buy this game. You will not be sorry.
12) I legit thought North Korea was bombing us when I saw this shit flying over my house.
13) One of my followers sent me an email saying, “If you continue to talk about politics, you’re going to lose me as a follower.”
15) I took a 3-hour nap for no reason and it was glorious.
16) I made the decision to do more traveling in 2018 to speak to colleges, businesses and conferences throughout America to promote positive race-relations and the importance of raising “woke kids.” Who knows? Maybe I’ll swing by a city near you soon.
I hope all of you enjoyed a very happy holiday and cheers to a productive and happier 2018 for all of us. It’s time to do work.