The Daddy Doin’ Workshop (for moms)
A fatherhood workshop for women only? Yes, you read that correctly.
Who Am I?
My name is Doyin Richards. I’m an author, fatherhood activist, brand ambassador for Fortune 500 companies, keynote speaker, and contributor to NPR, HLN, and the TODAY Parents team — but I’m mostly known for being a guy who celebrates the craziness that comes along with being a dad. So why am I creating a fatherhood workshop for women?
It’s 2017 and we all know that dads play a critical role in the lives of their children. But in order to keep the momentum going, I’m going to take the approach of focusing on the women who partner with them. Throughout the years I’ve encountered many frustrated moms who love their other halves, but struggle with how to share the parenting load with them. My goal is to provide moms with actionable tools they can use to lead happier lives by enjoying healthier parenting partnerships with their men.
The three-hour Daddy Doin’ Workshop will accomplish that in a way that’s fun, unique, interactive, informative, and empowering.
What You Will Learn:
- The three common types of dads, identify their strengths and weaknesses, and review strategies to effectively partner with them while maintaining your identity as a mom
- The three traps/behaviors that discourage good dads
- The key behaviors that make motherhood more difficult than fatherhood and how to eliminate them
- How to practice simple and effective methods to motivate men to become more involved dads
- Why the phrase “50-50 parenting partnership” is absurd, and learn the more effective strategy to use with your partner
- The important question you must ask yourself to ensure accountability in creating positive parenting partnerships
- The sneaky tricks some men use to avoid their fatherhood responsibilities at home
- And much, much more
Who should come to the Daddy Doin’ Workshop?
- Moms with great husbands who want to avoid common pitfalls that will discourage the men in their lives from being the best parenting partners they can be
- Moms-to-be who want to gather intel about what fatherhood is like before their babies arrive
- Single moms who want pointers on the qualities to look for (and to avoid) from men they choose to partner with
- Working moms and stay-at-home moms partnered with “not-so-motivated” dads who want tools to level the parenting playing field
- Moms who want to learn about all of this and more from a dad who is currently in the trenches with them
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Daddy Doin’ Workshop is intended for moms and moms-to-be only. No children or significant others, please.
When and where will the Daddy Doin’ Workshop take place?
It will be in Los Angeles on Saturday April 8th 2017 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. In addition to the great information, lively “no-holds barred” question & answer session, and networking with like-minded local moms, attendees will receive a continental breakfast and a signed copy of my children’s book, I WONDER.
How much does the Daddy Doin’ Workshop cost?
The cost to attend is $129. However, Early Bird pricing is $99 (closes on March 22, 2017). Seats are limited, so reserve your spot today!